March 8, 2011

Me and a Dream to Get a Better Education

I have a very good friend in the past. Her name is Lupita, she is a really cute girl at that time, and we made a good partner. I knew her when we was in junior high, but after 6 or 7 months we've been together as a friend, she had to moved to Brazil with her family because of her dad's job.

After she moved, I continued my study, and then I finished junior high school, I accepted at a pretty good public school in Jakarta (61 Senior High), my life was pretty boring at that time. I woke up in the morning, went to school, went out with friends, and that's it. My life used to be as normal as any others high school students at that time, and everything's started to change when I was in 11th grade, I was chosen to be one of the grantee for an exchange student program to the United States.

And yeah, my journey began in August 2009. I was hosted in Hot Springs, Arkansas, a pretty small town in the United States, so far from my expectation, I used to think that every city in America must be big like NYC or San Francisco. I pretty disappointed in the beginning, but in the end, I was really happy that I was hosted there. I got a lot of life education and I finally recognized something that I really love about, and I'm going to pursue my dream on that field, that is art.



For an Indonesian point of view, pursuing carrier in art field maybe not the best choice. I thought like that too. I love drawing and doing art projects since my childhood, but never realized before that I'll choose art as my major in university in the future. I was like any other people before, I want to be a great doctor, a good engineer, or some others professions which mostly Indonesian thinks as a great profession to have. But when I was in the United States, I finally 'awake', I found art as something I really want to 'take it seriously', not as a hobby like I used to think of it.

And then on July 2010, I got back to Indonesia, and that's mean I have to get back to school. Yeah, I suppose to go to college last year, but because of 'a year of journey', I have to delay my graduation of high school, and please pray for me I could finish my high school this year.

In my last year of high school, I have to really think, where I will continuing my study, what subject I will choose in the university, etc. After thousands miles of journey to America, I really want to go back there for my further study. But I want to try something different, I want to come to Canada.

By the way, I forgot to tell you one thing, why I talked about my old friend Lupita in the beginning. As we know that she moved to Brazil when she was in junior high, but now she is no longer lives in Brazil. After I met her again in one of social network site, I found out that now she lives in Ontario, Canada. She is already in college of course, now she is studying International Business at Carleton University of Canada. It's a surprising thing of course, but one thing I know, I'm jealous of her. I said jealous in a good way though, I really want to go to college in Canada like she does!

This is my old friend Lupita now! Isn't she pretty?

So do you wondering why I want to go to college in Canada? I believe that continuing study there will be give me more life education besides formal education I will get in the college. With a modern and good education system, I'm hoping I will be one of the successful Indonesian artist, and I will change Indonesian opinion about pursuing carrier in art. Like others know too, Canada is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and as we know Canada was the host for the Winter Olympic of 2010. I also want to sharpen more my English ability, because even though I know how to communicate in English, somehow I feel I have to improve my English more, and come to Canada is the best choice!

And which university in Canada do you think I want to go to? The answer is of course, I want to go to the university like my friend, Lupita does! Luckily, Carleton University has a faculty of art and social sciences, so my dream to be a great artist in the future will be opened wide for me! (Thanks God!)

Like I said, I want to go to college in Canada, but you must be thinking, how I can get there? I don't have any family in Canada, or knowing the enrollment mechanism for a freshman in college there. I also don't have any idea about the tuition fees, how much I need for a visa, etc. But don't worry, if you really want to go there and you're know nothing, CESI will help you to makes your dream come true! What is CESI? CESI is Canada Education Services International. CESI will help you to continuing study or work in Canada, so you will know what you should do to enroll college or get a job there! Need further info? You could just call the CESI office or you might want to come to their office at Jl. M.H Thamrin, Jakarta. Not sure yet? Just click this, and you will taken to CESI official website!

Do you want a best education?
Do you want to improve your English communication skill?
Do you want to go to college which located in a really pretty country?
Do you want to continuing study in Canada?
If yes, so you're think the same like I do!
If no, so do you think those reasons not enough to make you want to come there? Search more about Canada, and believe me, you will agree with my opinion!

So, what are you waiting for?

YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE CANADA!


(images source : google)

No comments: