June 16, 2011

A little arts from the past

Lookin' to my old artsonia account, I found some of my past artworks, I made these artworks around 2 years ago, some look pretty nice, the other I don't really bother about it. All of these artworks I made when I was in the United States, these are not all of my artworks I did back then there though, sometimes I forgot to take pictures of my art pieces, and yeah because I left it there, I can do nothing about it. So let just start anyway ;)
"Handy Hands" pencil on paper, 2009
My assignment back then was to make a sketch of our hand. But I felt a little too empty if I just put hands picture, so that's why I added any other things. Looks kinda neat huh? Haha, I did it in a few hours because I'm not good at drawing part of human body.




'Empty Town' pencil, ink, and marker on paper 2009
Hmm, actually I don't like this piece. I was out of marker that time, and this piece turned out like crap. But for some people this is good... I really don't know how to draw a good buildings. I make a bad architect am I? Hahaha.



"Pop-Delight" Marker on paper, 2009
One of the weirdest assignment I had back then in the US. I had to trace words from magazine, put some abstract order to color, and tada~ I made this piece. One of the easiest one, but I kinda love it, the colors are stunning :)


"Lily on Cardboard" 3D sculpture from cardboard and magazine papers
If I wasn't in US, I might never made something like this. I think this is something unique, and I would like to explore more of my ability in 3D sculpture which I never really tried to train. Sometimes I want to make something like this, bigger probably haha.


"Bangbayang" mix media on paper
I used a lot of materials for this one, and this is one of the biggest artwork I've made (forget about the exact size though). My sister, Gabi took a sketch using my shadow (and I did hers), and then I started colored it, first I used temper paint, then acrylic paint, but i still don't like it... So I tried pastel, and in the end I used chinese ink also. But the result is pretty bad, I don't like the background, also something wrong with this piece I think...


"Nenek" finger monochromatic paint using temper on paper
I love this one! I used my finger to paint, because this was the first time I tried to paint realistically, I found it is hard to use temper paint to make gradation, because it is easily dry out. So instead using brush, I used my fingers. Pretty good isn't it?


"Failed Self Portrait" oil on canvas
The second time I painted on canvas. It suppose to be my self portrait, but it turned to be like this -___- no comment . . .


"Don't Steal My Lollipop" temper paint on floral form sculpture
This is cool! I never thought about making a sculpture from a floral form...I love it, really love it! Wish I could make the other one like this... (Give me some material please~ I'm starving for art supply...)


And yeah, that's all for today, hope y'all like it... Sorry for my broken English, I'm kinda tired and sleepy :p cya!

3 comments:

FridiGraph said...

wah2
Multitalented nih kak Lily

Salam dari blogger Jogja :)

Livia "Lily" Meilani said...

makasih banyak yaa :)

Anonymous said...

First of all I want tο say excellent blog! I had a quick question in
whiсh I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I have had a hard time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Many thanks!

My web site: just click the following document